Sunday, August 31, 2008

Carter - Rob Cullen

Rob Cullen's fantastic show, Carter and Son!

Here's a little something I've been doing off and on. I wanted to challenge myself to do a character that's not my own, I give myself a lot of liberty when I'm sculpting my own stuff. I just thought it might be interesting to see what kind of problems I run into.....and I did run into a good few of them. It's still in progress. I need to fix the hands as they're totally off the model and sculpt off those rough edges. Will try to get this one finished within the next week or two :-)

6 comments:

tinylittlesandra said...

Boy- you have been busy! I love it all! Can't wait to see the finished version of Carter.

Great Job Tim!

William Bradford said...

Yous gots somes awesome maquettes here, mate. Great sketches too.

Derm said...

Oh wow man, they are so cool!! did you use sculpy? I want to do one myself, got this stuff called 'das'. but I dunno whether it's worth it.
Trés cool Timothy!! :-)

Tim Dowling said...

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments :-) I appreciate them!!
Derm, I used super sculpey soft - I also got sculpey hard, I nearly broke my fingers trying to sculpt with that though, best way is to start with an armature and some foil to keep the sculpture light, that way you don't use a lot of it material either. I used "das" before, it's not that great, and dries too fast for me.

cheers Tim

paul o'flanagan said...

holy shit man, these are fantastic!

Gillian Comerford said...

really well made Tim. Has Rob seen it yet???